John Wind III
A results-oriented accomplished professional with extensive success in orchestrating the start-up, sales, and market growth of diverse businesses within the internet, telecom, cloud/application services, finance, construction, travel, and automotive industries, often thriving in chaotic environments. Download Indeed Resume Here.
Marketing – Economics, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
- Best Practices in Sales Management
- Gaining a Sales Commitment
- Certified WordPress CMS Expert
- Highly Proficient with MS Office
- Salesforce Automation
- Unified Collaboration/Communications
- IP Networks (voice, data, storage)
Accomplished Sales – Business Development – Marketing Professional
Winning Business in Fiercely Competitive Markets Across Diverse Products
Uniquely skilled at identifying and penetrating sales and market voids leveraging extensive knowledge of technology, sales, marketing, and finance, producing many direct and quantifiable sales results. Equally capable of driving business from the trenches or the board room and developing sales at all levels.
- Direct sales of 500,000+ technology voice and mobile application customers
- Successfully recruited, trained, and managed an 800+ reseller network channel throughout North America
- Direct sales of $250+ million through major big-box retailers (Walmart, Target, QVC)
- A consultative sale closer using the latest technologies and techniques (business and consumer)
- Skilled sales strategist, go-to-market execution – channel and customer acquisition
- Advanced problem-solving skills, (P&L management, budgeting & forecasting)
- View sales quota’s as benchmarks to beat, not meet.
John Wind Interactive – Stuart, FL
FREELANCE BUSINESS CONSULTANT 2008 – PRESENT
Outsourced consultant – project manager for businesses that require top-level expertise employing the latest sales, marketing, and operational excellence to modernize and future-proof their businesses. Reseller and integrator of technology services for Ring Central, Microsoft, Amazon, Intuit, and others. Specific specialties include web and technology services in telecom, tax/finance, internet, mobile, cloud, and storage.
- Co-developed the business plan and go-to-market strategy for a high-end global concierge travel company; Developed website, internal portal, and integrated mobile app for building interactive client itineraries
- Developed and launched wholesale sales channels through CCRA, the industries largest host consortium
- Developed and launched the retail voice telecom services business unit for VoIP Supply
- Increased sales (new clients) by 25% in the first year, and slashed operational costs by 30% directing all sales, marketing, and web services for Stubbs Tax Services in partnership with Microsoft, Intuit, and Ring Central
- Lead a startup contracting business from zero to $10+ million annual sales in 2 ½ years by developing sales, and marketing plan, website, sales materials, online quote system for American Roofing
Responsible for all aspects of growing sales and market presence as a contracted business consultant.
- Increased sales (new clients) by 25% in the first year and slashed operational costs by 30% directing all sales, marketing, and web services for Stubbs Tax Services systems in partnership with Microsoft, Intuit, and Ring Central
- Lead a startup contracting business from zero to $10+ million annual sales in 2 ½ years by developing sales and marketing plan, website, sales materials, online quote system for American Roofing of Jacksonville
- Engagements include web software services, applications telecom/data carrier, and many more
SipStorm Technologies – Tampa, FL
VICE PRESIDENT MARKETING AND STRATEGIC SALES CHANNELS, 2005-2007
A spinoff of Z-Tel, a CLEC with over 300,000 customers generating over $300MM in annual revenue including major wholesale relationships with MCI and Sprint.
Responsible for all aspects of value-added reseller (VAR) sales channels throughout North America.
- Led sales launch of a cloud-based business communications system
- Won a major joint sales partnership with award-winning Mitel Networks 800+ resellers and conducted nationwide VAR recruitment and training seminars resulting in over $50MM in new sales
Landed exclusive wholesale mobile agreement providing local origination services enabling specialty mobile operator
Epicus Communications – Orlando, FL
VICE PRESIDENT, SALES AND MARKETING, 2002-2005
A retail provider of voice and unified communications services with over 50,000 customers in the BellSouth territory.
Responsible for a sales turnaround strategy, product development, and reseller channels.
- Expanded customer base from 4,000 to over 56,000 (1,400%), user revenue 250% in 18-months by creating and executing a turnaround product, sales, and marketing strategy by winning customers away from chief competitor BellSouth
- Acquired 20,000+ customers in the first 90-days by developing an innovative, speech recognition-driven unified messaging platform
Pursemates Accessories – Deerfield Beach, FL – Charlotte, NC
DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – NATIONAL SALES MANAGER, 1990-2001
Director, Business Development – National Sales Manager
An import/distribution company serving the fashion accessories big-box retail industry.
Responsible for all aspects of sales, product development, manufacturer sourcing, and importing with extensive Asian travel
- Sold $250+ million worth of branded and private label products to major big-box retailers including QVC, Home Shopping Network, Walmart, JC Penny, Sears, Target, Walgreens, Burlington, etc.
- Developed and managed a nationwide national independent sales rep network