Business Development Professional
A dynamic, highly accomplished business development/sales strategist, driving revenue by penetrating fiercely competitive markets across diverse products, channels and industries.
- Highly skilled consultative business development and sales “closer”, with exceptional understanding of technology
- Identifying business opportunities that drive profitable revenue from the trenches, partners and the C-suite
- Superior problem-solving skills with complex sales cycles, TCO/ROI models, P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, crisis management and business performance optimization
Education: Florida Atlantic University. Major: Marketing and Economics
Professional Development: Certified WordPress Expert | Best Practices in Sales Management | Gaining a Sales Commitment
A product and sales visionary, P&L savvy, operationally excellent, KPI driven with the ability to balance short and long-term goals with a high level of mental agility and a strong learning mindset. Leverages in-depth knowledge of the latest technologies, sales, marketing, finance and business development tactics to expand revenues across diverse products, channels and industry disciplines, John has driven business from the trenches, partners and the C-suite.
- Produced over $200 Million in sales of consumer products to major big-box retailers and acquired over 500,000 voice and app consumers
- Deep love for and knowledge of cloud-based technologies and systems across virtually all platforms including SaaS, business process applications, voice and UC.
- Exploited in-depth knowledge of the latest technologies, sales, marketing, finance and business development strategies and tactics to expand revenues in a variety of industries.
John Wind Interactive, Inc: 2007 – Current
Sales/Marketing Consultant (Tech, Consumer, B2B, B2C)
A customer acquisition specialist, using the latest technologies and data sources, I deliver customers to clients and bring products to market, combining full lifecycle strategies including all aspects of sales channel, product and brand development, market analysis (web, retail, wholesale), multichannel development, operational planning and support. With a deep love and passion for platform-based services (SaaS, PaaS), I create business cases and sales solutions across a variety of industries.
Consulting Portfolio Overview:
- Lead generation – customer acquisition through data-driven direct marketing
- Web storefronts (Shopify, Amazon) from whiteboard to market, all product and business aspects
- Mitel’s hosted key telephone system channel development, market launch to wholesale carriers
- Unified telecommunications, Platform as a Service– vertical markets
- Multichannel market development, digital integration
SipStorm Technologies (Proximiti): 2005-2007
Chief Marketing Officer
A spinoff of Z-Tel, a CLEC with over 300,000 customers generating over $300MM in annual revenue including major wholesale relationships with MCI and Sprint, responsible for all multichannel business development, product development and market rollout.
- Led the successful creation and launch of a wholesale and retail cloud-based phone system product line by negotiating a strategic partnership with Mitel Networks through their 800 Value Added Resellers (VAR’s) and conducted VAR training seminars nationwide
- Rapidly acquired 200,000+ new wireless customers in the first 12-months by negotiating a wholesale mobile wireless agreement with specialty mobile operator Jitterbug Wireless
Epicus Communications: 2002-2005
Vice President, Strategic Marketing
A retail provider of voice and unified communications services with over 50,000 business and residential customers in the BellSouth territory, responsible for business turnaround strategy, product development and market rollout.
- Expanded customer base from 4,000 to over 56,000 (1,400%), user revenue 250% in 18-months by creating and
executing a turnaround product, sales and marketing strategy by winning customers away from chief competitor BellSouth Telecommunications
- Acquired 20,000+ customers in the first 90-days by developing an innovative, speech recognition-driven unified messaging platform
Fuzion Wireless Communications: 1998-2002
Vice President, Business Development, Sales and Marketing
A broadband wireless last-mile carrier, responsible for the North American network launch and all aspects of product development, sales channels, partnerships, advertising, marketing and wholesale last-mile carrier service.
- Expanded sales 300% as a senior executive of the startup team, responsible for the North American network launch by negotiating a C-level sales alliance with Qwest Communications (acquired by Century Link) to provide wireless broadband last-mile local-loop alternatives from the Bell operating companies including BellSouth
- Directed a $65 Million launch of sales and marketing throughout North and Central America